Like many of you, we are keeping a very close eye on the COVID-19 Virus and how it is developing here in Hawaii. All of our customers are very important to us, and we want to make sure we are doing our part to help contain the spread of this very contagious infection. Over the years we have gotten to know so many of you and your pups. We truly care about and value you, not just as customers but people and pets. Your health is so important and we want to share what we are doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 into our communities.
🐾 SHOP ANNOUNCEMENT AS OF 5/01/2020:
We have added another shop day for pick ups! We are now open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday from 10am-3pm. Pre-order pick ups ONLY.
🐾 ANNOUNCEMENT AS OF 3/25/2020:
After reviewing the Mayor’s Stay Home mandate, we have determined that as a business who produces “pet food” we are one of the deemed essential businesses. However, since the food products we make are treats, we have been thinking really hard on what we feel like is the most responsible thing for us to do as a community member.
We’ve decided that in order to best support the Stay at Home directive and to keep ourselves and the community safe, we will only open our shop on Saturday and Sunday from 10am-3pm for Pre-order Pick Ups ONLY. For all other days, our website is open for shipping to Hawaii and the mainland.
If you’ve never ordered from our website before, it’s very easy! Once you’ve selected all your items you will be able to pick a Pick Up Date and Time. We will have your order ready for you when you arrive – and if you prefer to have us walk your order out to your call just call or text us at 808-783-7390 when you arrive and we’ll be more than happy to do so.
As far as shipping goes, we are unfortunately not in the position to offer free shipping on all items. However we are exploring ways to make our shipping more efficient and keep costs down. We will be announcing some free shipping promotions for ordering a certain amount, so keep an eye out for that!
Thank you everyone for all your encouragement and support during these trying times. Like all of you, we have never faced a challenge like this and it’s been a time for much reflection! We always keep coming back to the idea that with great struggle comes the opportunity for creativity, innovation and change. It’s not easy to upend your entire life and sometimes it feels like you can’t feel anything but anxiety and fear. But we hope you are able to see these lows as the chance to rise up and become something better than you were yesterday. Every day is a gift. Let’s take that gift and make the most of it!
Our best wishes and positive vibes to you all!!
Woofs and Wags,
Your friends at Hawaii Doggie Bakery
🐾 SHOP ANNOUNCEMENT AS OF 3/22/2020:
Today Mayor Caldwell has issued an emergency order that directs all Oahu residents to stay at home and work from home through April 30th, with the possibility of extension. It has been announced that businesses who provide food, shelter and other necessities for the life of animals are allowed to stay open, but we need to investigate further into the directive and what that means for Hawaii Doggie Bakery.
So as of right now, we will be OPEN Monday, March 23 from 10am – 3pm.
We will be CLOSED Tuesday, March 24 – Thursday, March 26 as we figure out the next steps for our business. We may remained temporarily closed after that, or potentially allow pre-orders only to pickup – this is what we don’t know at this point, and we need to get more information from the Mayor’s Office.
Thank you for your support and understanding! We know everyone on the island is trying to figure out how our lives are going to change for the next month. Please know that we are here for you and your furry family members, and we will be doing everything we can to make things as easy as possible.
Our Manoa Shop:
Effective March 21, 2020
- Due to the increased concern in our communities, effective immediately we are Pick Up only – we are no longer allowing customers to browse in our shop. We are continuing to list as many things as possible on our website so that you can order from home and pick up right away.
- We have set up a table near the front door, and have moved our items closer so you can see them – we’ll grab it for you! Please stand outside our door, and please wait in your car or at a distance as we serve one customer group at a time – Social Distancing remains very important!
- We are now Credit Card ONLY, sorry no Cash
- Many customers have been asking us if we are going to close and whether they should stock up. The answer is, we don’t know. We are trying to stay open as long as possible in the safest way possible. Please know that we will let you know as much in advance as possible so you can get what you need before we close.
- In our shop we have increased our regular cleaning and sanitation procedures. We are now wiping down our counter and register after every transaction. We have also increased cleaning of high traffic areas like doorknobs and shelves.
- To protect yourself and others, we ask that anyone feeling unwell refrain from visiting so that together, we can ensure a safe experience for everyone. In addition, our staff has also been reminded to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- Our Baking Team is currently in full health, practicing good sanitary procedures and working to keep our shelves stocked! However, we ask your patience as we are a small team and as you know often during busy times we cannot keep up with demand. Our website will be kept up to date if we are out of stock on anything. Speaking of online orders…
- We have added many of the products that you would normally only see in-store to our online shop. These include more Birthday items like hats & candles and popular regular non-HDB goodies like Poi Dog Treats. This way you can order online and pick up right away.
If you prefer us to walk your order out to your car, please let us know in the Order Notes and call or text us when you arrive: 808-783-7390. If you see we have customers inside the shop, please know we will help you as soon as possible.
- We have also enabled Same Day pick ups for certain items. Click here to see what items are available for same-day pick ups. Please note, if ALL of the items in your online cart are available for pick up the same day, the current date will show up as available in the Calendar in the Check Out section. If there is something that we cannot provide to you day-of, you will not be able to check out until that partcular item is removed.
- Birthdays: For those of you celebrating Birthdays in the next few weeks, we have created a list of recommended items that you can buy now in advance and save for your celebration. For cakes in particular, our recommendation is that you order our Birthday Drip Cake. This cake holds up best looks-wise for about a week. It can also be frozen for several months if needed as well! We need 1 week advance notice for Personalized Drip Cakes, and we have stocked up on regular Drip Cakes that say “Happy Birthday” in pink or blue. Regular Drip Cakes come with a complimentary Pink or Blue paper bone so you can write your dog’s name.
- We also want to remind everyone that we do ship some of our items! Click here to see what can be shipped directly to you.
Pop Up Events:
- Our scheduled Nordstrom Ala Moana Pop Up on April 4th has been cancelled
- The Hawaii Pet Expo on May 9 & 10 has been cancelled
We intend to stay open unless advised otherwise by Hawaii officials. We are continuing to monitor this situation closely and will keep you informed. For the most up to date news, please subscribe to our newsletter (CLICK HERE) and follow us on Instagram (CLICK HERE). We know that in stressful times, our loved ones – including and especially our furry friends and family members – are so treasured and valued as we support one another. Like all of you, we are turning to our dogs for the comfort and love they so unconditionally provide. Get rest, take your vitamins and wash your hands and we’ll get through this!
Much Aloha and positive vibes! Woofs and Wags,
Your friends at Hawaii Doggie Bakery